Ahead of their album launch, we spoke to singer Angela Desveaux about the band’s origins.
Plus punk legends, post-rock heavyweights, local LP launches and a venue’s anniversary bash this week.
#ImagineOct20th concerts are happening from coast to coast, with an impressive line-up playing a Montreal show this weekend.
An informative playlist repping one band from every show happening at the five-day music fest this year.
An interview with Moore about her new record, Fooled By the Fun, launching this week.
* Last day of Atelier Circulaire’s Prêt-à-emporter exhibition/print sale
* 20/20 Water Tower Art Exhibition
* Wintergreen Christmas Concert to benefit Sun Youth
* 8Bit Noël dance party at Kafein
* Suoni per il Popolo and CKUT present experimental sounds with Marie Davidson & more
Socalled crams rappers, singers, puppets, harpists, a string quartet and an indie rhythm section onto his new record, The Season.
Assessing local records by Wake Island and Crabe ahead of their launches this week, PLUS even more shows and parties on the plate, including Mardi Spaghetti, Rock Against Racism, Katie Moore, NDQ’s first anniversary and accompanist to the stars Ken Stringfellow.
A round-up of dance, theatrical and performance events taking place in the city this week.