While Osheaga amps its tepid tunes at Parc Jean-Drapeau, these gigs will keep the sizzle in the city.
We spoke to the ubiquitous Montreal musician about songwriting as anti-depressive and the ideal backing band: dancers with sticks.
* Three screenings of MTL sci-fi film Turbo Kid at Université de Montréal
* Beat Market album launch at Newspeak
* Lianne La Havas at Théâtre Corona Virgin Mobile
* Thundercat and Karneef play Théâtre Fairmount
* One Man Band festival presents Garbageface, Jonah Haché and Xania
* Science Faction podcast launch
* Canada vs. Russia in the World Junior Hockey final
* Karneef, Raveen and People Pretend play Casa del Popolo
* Xavier Dolan’s Mommy at Dollar Cinema
“Bittersweet Symphony” meets kung fu in the new video by Girl Talk, Renata Morales directs Karneef & more fresh music to see & hear.
* Juan Carlos Noria aka Dixon at Greenlight Gallery
* Frenche ou meurs, danse ou crève at le Belmont
* San Fermin play Casa del Popolo
* Karneef at Cabaret Playhouse
* Riding Single dance party at Il Motore
* Fireworks & skating in the Old Port
* LOL 2013 at the Comedy Nest
* D’Eon, ¡FLIST! & Karneef
* Tiga & Turbo DJs at Stereo
Three very different quality Canadian acts shared the stage at CJLO’s fifth anniversary bash on Friday. Photographer Cindy Lopez documented the occasion.
* Anaïs Trocherie launches capsule collection for Atélier B.
* Fringe Fest offer Smut Slam
* Merchandise play Il Motore
* Renata Morales’s 8-Day Week concludes
* !!! play Le Belmont with Sinkane and DJ Cherry Cola
M for Mikey reports from the 416 on the scenesters, Montreal rising stars and holy men, ubiquitous Stills alumni, Sacto buds and awkward saliva-swapping and urinal spying at Canadian Music Week.