The critics’ pick for best Canadian album will be named, and seven shortlisted artists will perform, beginning at 8 p.m.
An interview with the Hamilton singer, songwriter and producer about her sophomore LP Oh No.
* Chef Nantha Kumar presents A Night in Bangkok at Kyozon
* Spectrum Productions’ gala screening at the Rialto Theatre
* Cinema Politica screens Concerning Violence
* Final week for Belles Soeurs: The Musical at the Segal
* Caribou and Jessy Lanza play Metropolis
We spoke to well-travelled, world-renowned producer Dan Snaith about Our Love, EDM kids and his Timbaland-Aaliyah moment.
Hosted by the homie Jay Baruchel, the Polaris gala features performances by six nominated artists, and the awarding of Best Canadian Album of 2013-2014.
* Correlate exhibition at the Phi Centre
* Habs vs. the Bruins
* The Taste of Apple Seeds at Cinema Excentris
* Jessy Lanza plays Il Motore
* Jeudis Frigid at Apollon
* Cinema Politica screen Bay of All Saints
* There’s Something Funny Going On at Blue Dog
* Cut Copy play the Corona Theatre
* The Found Footage Festival at Théâtre Ste-Catherine
Mikey partied too hard on the 3rd day at SXSW, but that didn’t prevent him from appreciating a couple of dozen bands, 2 of which were his best-of-the-fest. Photos by Ellie Pritts.
* Fashion Night Out at Bar Mme Lee
* Bouge d’Ici debuts Common Space
* Cinémathèque québécoise screen Manufacturing Consent
* Jessy Lanza at Divan Orange
* Land of Kush play Sala Rossa
Jessy Lanza turned a lot of heads last year with her debut LP, Pull My Hair Back. Ahead of her show at Divan Orange this week, we spoke to the electro R&B producer/singer about her Montreal connection, loyalty to the Hammer & signing to cool U.K. label Hyperdub.