We spoke to the Montreal band about their upcoming RE: creation show at the Jazz Fest.
An interview with the jazz vet on the impact of being part of a rock legend’s final act.
Our annual round-up of the very best jazz at the mega music fest coming to our city June 29 to July 9.
Our chief photographer picks and chats about her favourite photos of the year, from music festivals to Habs fandom to Trudeaumania.
* Last day of the Taste of the Caribbean festival in the Old Port
* Hua Li and Marshia Celina talk personas, hip hop and feminism
* Battlewar Block Party wrestling at Foufounes Électriques
* Poet Ian Ferrier launches a new book at Casa del Popolo
* Swans member Thor Harris plays his first solo show at la Vitrola
* Local producer/MC Jai Nitai Lotus & his band play the Jazz Fest
The film, by British director Asif Kapadia, is screening in Montreal six days prior to its theatrical release. Click here for contest details.
Toronto’s BadBadNotGood is a jazz trio for hip hop fans, and vice versa.
The first five days of the 35th edition of Montreal’s Jazz Festival brought some spectacular artists to town. See what you missed (or saw from afar).
* BYO handheld to the Spaceteam Admiral’s Challenge at Café l’Artère
* See Tom Hardy in Locke at the Phi Centre
* Local post-punk band CTZNSHP play la Vitrola
* Rufus Wainwright plays the Jazz Fest
* Body Meta DJs play Casa del Popolo
We’ve told you where to find the jazz, now here’s what’s good in pop, rock, electronic & hip hop at the 35th edition of FIJM.