We spoke to the Montreal composer about her double life as a musician, finding inspiration in nature and more.
“Bittersweet Symphony” meets kung fu in the new video by Girl Talk, Renata Morales directs Karneef & more fresh music to see & hear.
You’ll be sick of them by Labour Day, but right now, nothing will get the heart racing faster than a sweaty summer fling. Of course, I’m referring to summer jams: those irresistible earworms that burrow their way into your skull, start to percolate after a sangria or two, and won’t leave until it’s time to go back to school.
California pop singer/pretty lady Sky Ferreira played la Sala Rossa last night, supported by Chicago/Berlin electro-R&B dude How to Dress Well (aka Tom Krell). Guess which act elicited a “Shut up bitch!” from the crowd?
* International Waffle Day freebies
* I am not a hipster screening at PHI
* Sky Ferreira and How to Dress Well at Sala
* Native, les Guenilles and Carpet at l’Esco
* Party with Cult MTL!
* Sample some food truck delicacies
* See micro-budget shorts at the Zero Film Festival
* Check out horror classic Nosferatu
* Show some literary love to Here Be Monsters
* Succumb to How to Dress Well’s electro-R&B spell at Lambi