Locals and their cross-border counterparts will play the small-town Vermont music and culture fest Waking Windows.
Our second batch of write-ups and pics from the local music scene festival.
* M for Montreal begins!
* Fennario: The Good Fight screens at RIDM
* Japanese design exhibit L’Objet Japonais opens at UQAM
* The Art of Eating Through the Zombie Apocalypse book launch with live music
* Johnny Marr plays the Corona
* Pervers/Cité’s keynote panel
* Talking & playing What’s Going On at BBAM! Gallery
* Jacquemort and Babylones at la Vitrola
* How Sad, ¡Flist! and Farragoes at Brasserie Beaubien
* Gucchi Babe, DJs Cadence Weapon & Miley Highrus
M for Montreal’s M4Mikey reports on Toronto’s mega music festival.
A new single by Mac DeMarco, new videos by How Sad, Animal Collective’s Avey Tare, the War on Drugs, an Italian band called JoyCut & a short film by Dum Dum Girls, written by Bret Easton Ellis.
* Cheap haircuts at Royal Phoenix
* Le Cinéclub screens Kalde Spor
* Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks play Café Campus
* Nick Waterhouse at Club Soda
* How Sad & Seoul play Divan Orange
* Off the Hook Sip & Shop
* Fashioning the Intangible at UQAM Centre de Design
* Montreal Review of Books launch
* RIDM’s opening night party
* Dead Obies at Cabaret du Mile End
Take a look at all the great costumes from last night’s event at Royal Phoenix, shot by photographer Cindy Lopez.
* Cult MTL’s Halloween party
* Scary stories at Librairie D&Q
* Justin Stephens & Alexandre David vernissage
* Foonzo Halloween retro gaming night
* Through the Never at the PHI Centre
* The High Dials at Casa del Popolo