Stand #753 at the Salon du Livre de Montréal is your go-to place for English-language literature.
Right around the time the 2018 Scotiabank Giller Prize longlist was being officially revealed, Heather O’Neill was unofficially revealing it in a way more colourful way.
The longtime Best Actress Top 5-er in the Best of MTL readers poll is starring in TV sci-fi and travelling the 401.
* Sample sale at l’Ambassadée
* Art Contemporain Pour Tous vernissage at Galerie Yves Laroche
* Author Junot Diaz in conversation with Heather O’Neill at the Rialto
* Arcade MTL launch
* Artists Against Austerity album launch at Casa del Popolo
* Parisian synth act Froe Char with Automelodi and more at Cabaret Playhouse
An interview with the Montreal author about her new short story collection, The Daydreams of Angels.
* Cult MTL 5à7 radio show at Maison Sociale
* Les Enfants Sauvages Spring/Summer 2015 collection launch
* Heather O’Neill book launch at Drawn & Quarterly
* Hervana and Nancy Pants live + CJLO DJs ’90s dance party
* Doldrums launches The Air Conditioned Nightmare at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Selectors Prison Garde, M.Bootyspoon and Project Pablo at Newspeak
* Strawberry jam-making workshop at le Milieu
* Anita Elkin retrospective at BBAM! Gallery
* Ange-Aimee Woods memorial/dance party
* Montreal Review of Books summer issue launch
* Just for Laughs’ The Ethnic Show
* RIDM presents vintage NFB shorts en plein air
* Copy Paste house/techno DJ night at le Bleury
In her new novel The Girl Who Was Saturday Night, the author who was voted #4 Best Living Author in the Best of MTL readers poll continues to depict this city’s magic.