A Montreal artist depicts Canadian and American politicians in his exhibition at Fresh Paint Gallery.
* Circuits of Consumption symposium at Eastern Bloc
* Beats to Eat brunch at Fresh Paint Gallery
* Lisa Leblanc plays Quai des Brumes
* The Film Society screens Jour de Fête
* Open Michelle at Comedy Nest
* Gabi plays Casa del Popolo
* Jazz & Dilla at Honey Martin
A very Montreal week in the arts scene with work reflecting different views of the city, plus live painting and the opening of a replica of the Sistine Chapel ceiling.
* ShazamFest and the Diapason Festival begin
* Atmosph’Air sur la Plaza street fair
* Group photography vernissage at Fresh Paint Gallery
* Something Wicked This Way Comes Zoofest burlesque show begins at the Wiggle Room
* British duo Bok Bok and more turntable talent at Newspeak
* BadBadWitch and dance party DJs at Datcha
* Semaine du Vélo Urbain community bike ride in NDG
* Tiki Takeover at SuWu
* Street art and social issues discussion at Fresh Paint Gallery
* Ian Svenonius’s Chain and the Gang plays Casa del Popolo
* L.A.’s Death Valley Girls and Australian duo the Gooch Palms play l’Esco
* Heart City Apparel Maui-themed launch party for a new t-shirt design
* Fresh Paint Gallery vernissage for Mirabolle and Monstr show
* Montreal Turkish Film Fest begins at Cinéma du Parc
* Montreal’s Iris & band play their first show with openers Heart Streets
* Dirty Dancing party at Felix Bar (men-only)
* Editorial Magazine issue #13 launch party w/ Young Braised & She-Devils live
Our vernissage rundown feat. Sobey Art Prize 2015 longlisted artist Raymond Boisjoly, new grads and emerging artists + gallery & museum listings.
* The Montreal Independent Games Festival
* Fresh Paint Market at Fresh Paint Gallery
* Rap Battle Against the Tar Sands with Jai Nitai Lotus, Urban Science & more
* Heavy Mania wrestling at the Corona Theatre
* Choses Sauvages EP launch at Katacombes
* Body Meta International Discotheque one-year anniversary party at Casa del Popolo
See scenes from Nuit Blanche by Lisa Sproull, from the Nuit Tribe party in Old Montreal to outdoor fun in the Quartier des Spectacles.
* Our top 6 picks for Nuit Blanche!
* Nuit Noire shows
* Off-Nuit Blanche art events