Between, POP, Varning and more great non-fest gigs, there is officially too much to do.
* Fierté Montreal Pride L Marche
*Final day of Under Pressure graffiti fest
*Rogers Cup finals
*Mexico at Village au Pied-du-Courant
*Piknic Électronik #13
Masters of metal and Montreal bands dominate our weekly rundown of the best shows in town.
One of the greatest, loudest bands on the planet comes to week two of Suoni per il Popolo + more brutal assaults on your hearing.
The bars and clubs are banging with punk rawk, nu metal, power pop and improv.
* Alien and Aliens screening at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Red Star Tattoo: My Life as a Girl Revolutionary book launch at D&Q
* Beaux Dégâts art battle at Foufounes
* Kamal Aljafari presents his film Recollections
* Coeur de Pirate plays Salle André-Mathieu
* Chunk Wednesdays club night at Blue Dog
* Solace Sundays day party at Play
* 3 good movies at Dollar Cinema
* Carylann Loeppky vernissage at BBAM! Gallery
* Madou Diarra LP launch at Casa del Popolo
* Les Anticipateurs with Black Taboo at Foufs
* Sample Sale DJ night at Blue Dog
We spoke to the “super rock” band from New York City about how they made the Coolest Song in the World This Week.
* Last day of the Taste of the Caribbean festival in the Old Port
* Hua Li and Marshia Celina talk personas, hip hop and feminism
* Battlewar Block Party wrestling at Foufounes Électriques
* Poet Ian Ferrier launches a new book at Casa del Popolo
* Swans member Thor Harris plays his first solo show at la Vitrola
* Local producer/MC Jai Nitai Lotus & his band play the Jazz Fest
* When Marnie Was There screens at Cinéma du Parc
* Mural Fest conference w/ photographer Martha Cooper & Burning Man’s Crimson Rose
* Comedian Doug Stanhope performs at Club Soda
* Washington punk doc Salad Days screens at Fouf
* Colin Stetson and Sarah Neufeld play la Sala Rossa
* Local band Pachyderm launches a new LP, Two Weeks of Spring