After announcing its cancellation last week, the festival decided to stream over 120 films from its 2020 programming instead.
* March against xenophobia and racism
* Knifewear popup at L’Automne Boulangerie
* Bauhaus Spirit at FIFA
* Joe Puck album launch at l’Esco
* Laurence Matte + othman at Salon Daomé
* KISS at the Bell Centre
* FIFA kicks off
* Arts and Laughs at Turbo Haüs
* Woman in the Dunes at Diving Bell
* I Like It Comedy at Esco
Sepp Blatter, fake turf, overpriced beer — FIFA is just a dirty organization. But the Beautiful Game is growing up, and it even makes Montreal’s monster stadium look good.
* The Festival of Films on Art screens two compelling docs at the Cinémathèque
* Garage/psych/rock band les Marinellis host a listening party for their new LP at l’Escogriffe
* Weekly stand-up showcase There’s Something Funny Going On at Blue Dog
* All things Kendrick at Korova DJ night $ucka Free Monday
Our guide to the 33rd annual edition of ArtFIFA, happening from March 19–29.
Soccer is about to overtake the city, and we’re not talking about the Impact. Here are eight recommended spots to feast your eyes on the beautiful game gone global.
* Cabane à sucre in Mile End & Verdun
* Cracked Actor at FIFA
* SVP Mile End at Sparrow
* New Moon Psychedelic Carnival at Roxbury
* Kraftwerk play Metropolis
* Sauvage pop-up shop at Espace Pop
* Take Part, Buy Art fundraiser at BBAM! Gallery
* Beat Generation doc at FIFA
* Jacquemort, Black Atlass & le Trouble
* DL Jones’s bday w/ Tommy Kruise at Velvet
* The Crash Reel at the PHI Centre
* Couture magazine launch at Olympia
* Gender B(l)ender open mic at Café l’Artère
* Fantastic flicks at FIFA
* A ton of good shows