As the Festival du nouveau cinéma enters its final weekend, our screen team weighs in on four films screening over the next two days.
* Striking Memories student strike exhibit at Concordia Library
* Wapikoni Mobile at FNC
* Habib Siam and others do comedy at Bishop & Bagg
* Elsiane plays Sala Rossa
* Liminals: A Para-Fiction of Transcendence by Jeremy Shaw opens at MMFA
* QPIRG Concordia’s Prisoner Correspondence Volunteer Orientation
* Liz Phair plays Corona Theatre
* Gorillaz at the Bell Centre
* FNC Shorts Awards
Our screen team looks at three films playing today and tomorrow as part of FNC.
* L’undistrie night at Kabinet
* Black and Blue Recovery Party at Complex Sky
* FNC screens world premiere of Sticks and Stones
* Dance with the Dead show at Fairmount
* Keiji Haino play Sala Rossa
The screen team takes on highlights from the weekend at the Festival du nouveau cinéma, including new films by Agnieszka Smoczynska, Barry Jenkins and Quentin Dupieux.
Our picks for the next few days of the Festival du nouveau cinéma, with films from Russia, Kenya, Germany, France and Canada.
* Roundhouse Café closing celebration
* Festival du Nouveau Cinéma starts
* Wajahat Ali’s The Domestic Crusaders
* Jerusalem in My Heart at Phi Centre
* Nnamdi Ogbonnaya and Options at Bar le Ritz
*Festival TransAmériques (FTA) opens with 6 & 9 by Tao Ye
* FNC screens The Last Picture Show and Les faux tatouages
*The Bright Road EP launch
*Second edition of Kickdrum’s Backyard Sessions at Café Blanc de Blanc
* Drunken Cinema MTL screens Mars Attacks!
*The Royal Cabaret hosts local musicians
*Screening of Dan Savage’s unconventional adult short films HUMP!
Some award hopefuls, a homegrown zombie movie, Harry Dean Stanton’s swan song and a major disappointment round out the last stretch of FNC.