This year’s Palme d’Or winner and the dystopian Brazilian film Divino Amor are screening today at FNC.
Reviews of three very different films screening today at FNC, including the latest from Pedro Costa.
Our screen team reviews four films screening today at FNC – including new films from Kiyoshi Kurosawa and Pedro Almodovar.
With FNC about halfway done, our screen team reviews new films by Quentin Dupieux, Sophie Deraspe and Noah Baumbach – all of which are screening at the festival today.
Justine Smith reviews two films screening today at FNC: the Austrian film Lillian and Matthew Rankin’s off-the-wall ode to Canadiana, The Twentieth Century.
Our screen team surveys some of the films screening today and tomorrow at FNC, including new films from Bertrand Bonello and Richard Stanley.
Justine Smith looks at three films playing today at FNC, including a retrospective screening of David Cronenberg’s controversial Crash.
* Montreal Metropolitan Orchestra documentary
* Bulma Bar soft opening
* Border at Cinéma du Parc
* Xarah Dion at Breakglass Studio
* Holy Queers at Café Cléopâtre
* Jacobus at Théâtre Outremont
* The High Dials at Quai des Brumes
* LIP party at la Sotterenea
* FNC shorts at CInéma Moderne
* University of the Streets Café at Bâtiment 7
* Vivek Shraya book launch
* They Might Be Giants at Théâtre Fairmount
* Kandle album launch at MTelus
* Kalmunity Halloween House Party at Petit Campus
* STM garage sale
* Punk rock flea market at Foufounes
* BBAM pop-up market
* #metoo rally
* Lies My Father Told Me screens at the Cinémathèque
* Sheer Mag at la Vitrola