We spoke to the NYC rapper about her mixtapes, feminism in hip hop, being a tomboy and a role model and more.
Five years of vitriol and humiliation was too much for this local columnist.
The co-founder of Bikini Kill, le Tigre and now the Julie Ruin on her band’s new record, feminist strides in the music world, guns, Trump, the first female president & more.
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising is a surprisingly refreshing absurdist comedy with gender issues at its core.
Even Lise Thériault, Quebec’s minister for the status of women, doesn’t get it.
* Free screening of and discussion about Alien (1979) at McGill
* Beats, Rhymes and Resistance indigenous talent showcase at Cagibi
* Pierre Kwenders plays a free show at Place des Festivals
* Toronto’s Cairo plays Divan Orange with the Bright Road and Blood and Glass
* Launch for Gern F. Vlcheck’s Life On the Road for the Canadian Indie Band book
It’s been 25 years since the massacre of 14 women at Université de Montréal’s engineering school, and the killer’s BS still permeates our discourse.
I Am FEMEN is the latest documentary about the international gang of topless activists. Read our totally biased review here.
We spoke to Femen Quebec founder Xenia Chernyshova about the the international protest group and the new documentary Ukraine Is Not a Brothel.
Cinéma du Parc’s French intern Hélène Monin has curated a thought-provoking program covering the representation of women in film and including discussions on modern day feminism.