This week, four new plays open in theatres around town, plus the annual MPROV fest offers nightly improv comedy.
* Read the Rant Line™!
* Vernissage for Stretch at Galerie Este
* Fruits Défendus and Santropol Roulant fundraiser
* Place Publique Performances series at the Darling Foundry
* Outdoor screening of Ma vie réelle
* Jaws at Parc Jean Drapeau Beach
* Montreal Improv presents Easy Action
* Bear in Heaven play Il Motore with Paula
* Solange Knowles at le Belmont
Those mourning the close of Just for Laughs, never fear. This weekend marks the 2nd anniversary of the Montreal Improv Theatre, and to celebrate they’re hosting a four-day festival of totally unscripted fun.
Montreal’s home of bilingual improvised comedy programming, founded in 2010 by Kirsten Rasmussen, Marc Rowland, François Vincent and Bryan Walsh, is inviting hometown favourites and touring delights for a series of night-time shows and some afternoon workshops.