Legends of the fall, more death metal than most can manage, local bands and some gems from Vancouver.
A strange and beautiful sonic odyssey.
We spoke to some of the members of Oh Hi, a group of local musicians banding together for art’s sake.
We spoke to the ubiquitous Montreal musician about songwriting as anti-depressive and the ideal backing band: dancers with sticks.
The electronic music, hip hop and leftfield pop fest begins July 23. Assess the line-up with this handy guide.
Fresh videos by singers, players, rappers and producers from the four corners of the local scene.
* Cult MTL 5à7 radio show at Maison Sociale
* Les Enfants Sauvages Spring/Summer 2015 collection launch
* Heather O’Neill book launch at Drawn & Quarterly
* Hervana and Nancy Pants live + CJLO DJs ’90s dance party
* Doldrums launches The Air Conditioned Nightmare at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Selectors Prison Garde, M.Bootyspoon and Project Pablo at Newspeak
We spoke to the Montreal musician about the story behind his new LP, The Air Conditioned Nightmare.
* Christmas markets
* The Long Haul open house
* Record swap at BBAM! Gallery
* Toy Company’s Holiday Party
* Doldrums at Playhouse
* Electronic tunes at le Belmont
Gather round the Xmas bong and turn on to the production prowess of Doldrums.