The Montreal rally is one of dozens happening in solidarity with a major march on Washington, D.C.
Pit bulls (and pit bull-type dogs), (unlicensed) cats and multi-pet households are threatened by by-law 16-060.
The onetime union-busting head of Quebecor is defending the right to strike. But will cozying up to students work in his favour?
It hasn’t taken long for Montreal police to dust off the bad habits they were so roundly criticized for in 2012.
* Bick and Bites brunch edition at Nouveau Palais
* Anti-Bill C-51 demo, meeting at Jarry Park
* LP Tango Project + art exhibits at the Sofitel
* Cinémathèque Québécoise screens John Carpenter’s Dark Star (1974)
* CHOM 97.7 FM radio show Montreal Rocks 5th anniversary charity concert
* Nu-disco/funk/house artist Fonkyson launches the Horny EP at Felix
* Expozine day 2
* Demo for CBC/Radio Canada
* Frederick Wiseman’s Primate screens at RIDM
* Trailer Park Burlesque Bingo Extravaganza at the Wiggle Room
* Boundary plays le Bleury Bar à Vinyle
Mile End green space was nearly razed today. See photos from the demo that saved it & an interview with les Amis du Champ des Possibles.
Monday’s ransacking of city hall seriously hurt the cause of Quebec municipal workers protesting Bill 3. Only one move could start to repair the damage.
* Vote for the Best of MTL
* ASSÉ demo at Place Emilie Gamelin
* The Goethe Institut screens Gold
* My Stuff at Bright Nights
* Joycut play Divan Orange with Diamond Bones and l’Indice
* Melt at Blizzarts