Justine Smith looks at three films playing today at FNC, including a retrospective screening of David Cronenberg’s controversial Crash.
A feature interview with the actor about his directorial debut, Goon: Last of the Enforcers.
David Cronenberg shot three films here in the late ’70s, but Montreal got the most screen time in Rabid.
* Vernissage for Dima Karout’s Damascus Walls
* GWAR destroy the Corona Theatre
* Così e Così double cassette launch at Casa del Popolo
* Cronenberg’s Maps to the Stars is playing Dollar Cinema
* Arrington de Dionyso live-drawing marathon at Espace Pop
* Vintage goods on sale at Rack It
* Free (good) Canadian films at PHI Centre
* Against Equality book launch
* Charity Chan and crew at Casa
It’s a family affair — films by Denis Villeneuve’s brother and David Cronenberg’s son are featured in our coverage of the Festival du nouveau cinéma’s offerings for this evening.