There’s a lot to love in Jim Jarmusch’s zombie comedy, but the indie auteur also seems to be working in resigned autopilot mode.
Rapper Boots Riley’s directorial debut is wildly ambitious and wonderfully cast.
* Les Glaceurs free cupcakes!
* SAT Fest short films
* Colonialism in Quebec panel
* The Montreal Black Film Fest opening
* Don Jon at the PHI Centre
* Yarn comedic storytelling at Le Cagibi
Here’s what’s in store for this year’s Montreal International Black Film Festival, which runs from Sept. 18–29.
The Vues d’Afrique festival, celebrating its 29th edition this year, continues to bring the best cinema from the African diaspora to Montreal, with programming that international cinephiles are unlikely to see elsewhere.