The Montreal rock ’n’ soul singer-songwriter tells us how the dream of a music career changed her life.
* Deadstock Depot flea market
* “I Used to be Normal” at Cinéma Moderne
* Andy Kim Christmas benefit at Corona
* Skate to Voyage Funktastique
* Lo Signal Sound System at Maison 2109
* DJ Moka at Velvet
* MusiTechnic open house
* Marché des Éclusiers farmer’s market
* Klaus album launch at Aire Commune
* Goethe Institut screens Paula at Cinéma du Parc
* Coeur de Pirate and Gaël Faure at MTelus
* DJ Mija at Newspeak
+ more music, film, art, theatre and comedy events.
Highlights of the three-day weekend of shows and partying under the sun and stars, feat. ’90s nostalgia, awesome new musical discoveries, WTF moments and a little gratitude.
Our Music Team’s annual guide to great non-headlining acts playing the mega fest this year + the best pre-parties and afterparties.
A round-up of new videos by local bands, singers, rappers, players and composers.
* Alien and Aliens screening at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Red Star Tattoo: My Life as a Girl Revolutionary book launch at D&Q
* Beaux Dégâts art battle at Foufounes
* Kamal Aljafari presents his film Recollections
* Coeur de Pirate plays Salle André-Mathieu
* Chunk Wednesdays club night at Blue Dog
The singer-songwriter known as a youth ambassador of Quebec’s chanson tradition tries her hand at anglo pop on her new record, Roses.
See the initial line-up reveal and show details for this year’s edition of POP (Sept. 16-20).
Hundreds of hungry Montrealers turned up at the Diesel store downtown to sample celebrity chef Chuck Hughes’ new flapjack recipe, developed especially for Wednesday’s OneXOne fundraiser.