As we try to work for a better future, the Grand Prix represents everything we should leave behind.
* Student climate change walkout
* Baltic Club warehouse sale
* Alex Zhang Hungtai at la Vitrola
* Groove Nation 3rd anniversary
* Step Aside at Maison 2109
An 87-year tradition falls victim to climate change (before a skater or worker falls through the ice).
A media overload can cause a lack of focus, and there’s no better time than summer to take a breather.
It’s an Orwellian (and Harperian) kibosh on the message vs. a vanishing messenger.
Our planet is critically ill, and government and industry can’t cure it alone. We have to step up.
Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist and author Chris Hedges on Trudeau, the TPP, climate change and corporate-controlled government.
Get ready for anti-austerity protests of every stripe in Quebec, and new leadership in Ottawa. But the biggest story of the year will be a global one.
While we waste time panicking about jihadists and bacteria, real threats to human survival are actually coming to get us.
* People’s Climate March
* Origins of the Montreal Underground Music Scene panel
* The Unicorns reunion at Metropolis
* Visage Musique showcase at la Vitrola
* POP Montreal closing party