Montreal may be in the midst of cabin-fever season but here are some reasons to get out.
* Make Smthng Week
* Vinyl sale at Agora de la Danse
* CKUT holiday party
* Actress at Newspeak
* Scattered Clouds at Casa
* Drake and Migos at the Bell Centre
* Monolord and Death Wheelers at la Vitrola
* Peaches Lepage drag cabaret at Bar le Ritz
+ more music, film, art, theatre and comedy events.
*Insect Ark play Casa with Pandiscordian Necrogenesis & Echo Beach
*Oui Mais Non Labor Day garage sale
*Mile Ex End open-air comedy shows
*Radiation Risks, Beep Test, Faze and Neighbour’s Guitar play secret show
Some great local bands and a couple of awesome touring acts are playing Montreal.
Info on their anniversary shows and more great gigs in the city over the next six days.
We spoke to the DJ/producer and ambassador of the local scene about his earliest partying days.
* McGill music-business mixer
* Habs charity event Droit au But
* Cinema Politica’s Forbidden Love screening/book launch
* Carrie Brownstein book launch at the Rialto
* Novarumori live homage to Gavin Bryars at la Sala Rossa
* Whose Democracy? panel at McGill
* Fall Fashion Preview at Maison Ogilvy begins
* Norman Nawrocki book launch at Casa del Popolo
* Sóley plays Maison Sociale
* Oddisee plays le Belmont
* Camping Deconstructed at Arsenal Gallery’s Cultural Tuesdays
* CKUT’s Free City Radio hosts a panel on gentrification, artists & activists at la Passe
* Fwonte EP launch at le Belmont
* Memory: Program #1 (10 short films) at Phi Centre
* Gaymer Zone hosts a game night at barcadeMTL
* A Place to Bury Strangers plays la Sala Rossa