PLUS bleak Swedish cinema, remote vernissages, urban scholars discuss social movements during a pandemic & more.
The megaplexes as well as the city’s premiere arthouse cinema are steering clear of new movies by Martin Scorsese and Noah Baumbach.
* Montreal Black Film Festival screens Beyond the River
* RYAN Playground album launch
* POP Montreal: Wolf Parade
* POP Montreal: Richard Reed Parry plays new album
* POP Montreal: Annie Sama single launch
* POP Montreal: King Khan and the Shrines
* Live turko-sephardic music with brunch at Fletchers
* YUL Eat’s Parcours Gourmand at the SAT
* Gui Boratto, Shaydakiss and others play Piknic
* Cinéma du Parc screens Night of the Living Dead
* Flash day benefit for the Montreal Sexual Assault Centre at Black Rose Tattoo
* Cinema 1999 presents Predator at Bar Le Ritz
* Tarkovsky’s Andrei Rublev screens at Cinéma du Parc
* Food Core presentation for YUL Eats at Centre Phi
* MusiTechnic open house
* Marché des Éclusiers farmer’s market
* Klaus album launch at Aire Commune
* Goethe Institut screens Paula at Cinéma du Parc
* Coeur de Pirate and Gaël Faure at MTelus
* DJ Mija at Newspeak
+ more music, film, art, theatre and comedy events.
We spoke to the filmmaker crew about changing genres and the pros and cons of coexisting with Stranger Things and It.
Montreal’s fashion fest just dropped its 2018 programming.
*Parc Jean-Drapeau will screen the World Cup final & Week-Ends du Monde
*Free screening of Billy Wilder’s Some Like It Hot
*Lez Spread the Word hosts afternoon of live music
*Parc au Minuit screens Alejandro Jodorowsky’s El Topo
*îleSoniq en ville free show at Aire Commune
*Montreal Jazz Fest
*21st edition of ArtJam
*Trans Amour dating night
*Chris Travis, Mike Shabb and Green Hypnoti at Le Belmont
*Cinema du Parc midnight screening of Brazil