A killer ex-pat duo, ’90s hardcore heroes and one of our city’s best (but criminally unsung) bands.
Montreal may be in the midst of cabin-fever season but here are some reasons to get out.
PLUS tomorrow is a big day for vinyl nerds.
PLUS punk legends play a classic album and more doom, synth, experimental and even Americana gigs than you can handle.
PLUS titans of minimal synth, devastating heaviosity and one of Johnson’s all-time favourite bands.
The second edition of Lux Magna aims to liven up the doldrums of January.
* Montreal Opera youth committee cocktail for Rigoletto
* Scripts for a New World CCA vernissage
* Paul McCartney at the Bell Centre
* Father Murphy, Non Lieu and The Marquis play Casa del Popolo
* Capablanca and Bernardino Femminielli at Datcha
* Drake and Migos at the Bell Centre
* Monolord and Death Wheelers at la Vitrola
* Peaches Lepage drag cabaret at Bar le Ritz
+ more music, film, art, theatre and comedy events.
*Insect Ark play Casa with Pandiscordian Necrogenesis & Echo Beach
*Oui Mais Non Labor Day garage sale
*Mile Ex End open-air comedy shows
*Radiation Risks, Beep Test, Faze and Neighbour’s Guitar play secret show
Don’t fall into the festival hole or frosh hell — these are the best gigs in town this week(end).