We spoke to the manager of Cabaret Playhouse about the space’s sudden death, his relocation plans and the impending closure of four more Montreal clubs.
* Free bubble tea at Chatime Bubble Tea Lounge’s new location
* Alexandraplatz’s May Market in Mile Ex
* National Drone Music Day show at Eastern Bloc
* Makers Meetup at Helios Makerspace
* Evan Dando plays Bar le Ritz PDB
* “Bossy” Missy Elliott party presented by Cerise sur le Gâteau
The top 13 metal, rawk and post-punk shows this week PLUS another big Saturday for vinyl lovers.
* Sample sale at l’Ambassadée
* Art Contemporain Pour Tous vernissage at Galerie Yves Laroche
* Author Junot Diaz in conversation with Heather O’Neill at the Rialto
* Arcade MTL launch
* Artists Against Austerity album launch at Casa del Popolo
* Parisian synth act Froe Char with Automelodi and more at Cabaret Playhouse
* The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates speaks about race and reparations at McGill
* Cheap Thrillz, Mad Skillz vernissage at Café l’Artiste Affamé
* Art Matters festival opening party with live music & more
* San Francisco indie/psych act Moon Duo plays Bar le Ritz PDB
* Party & Radical Queer Semaine fundraiser at Cabaret Playhouse
* Saturday Night Fever screens at BBAM! Gallery
* Florida indie heroes Hundred Waters play with Suno Deko and She-Devils
* MEG electro/pop showcase w/ Someurland, Human Human and Fragile Feet
* Sérénade Obsolete DJ night with Marie Davidson and Xarah Dion
* Faggity Ass Fridays with DJs B’UGO and J’vlyn d’Ark
The best DJ nights, dance parties and legends on stage in Montreal right about now.
Are you feeling cabin fever yet? Here’s where to get out and get your dose of heavy music.
* The Bouge d’Ici festival opens with a 5à7 at MainLine Theatre
* The Wildside Festival begins at the Centaur
* Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? screens at the Cinémathèque
* Serotonin music showcase at Cabaret Playhouse
* Le Gros Luxe does NYE
* Last-minute NYE dinner reservations
* Our Top 4 NYE parties