An interview with guitarist Mathieu Bernard Ball ahead of this weekend’s album launch.
* Mural fest BBQ & film events
* Off Mondial de la Bière begins
* Quebec Drama Federation summer launch at MainLine Theatre
* Broadway Café karaoke at the Segal Centre
* Big Brave, Jessica Moss & Christ play Casa del Popolo
* Rhye and Haerts play the Corona Theatre
Johnson’s picks from Suoni per il Popolo, one of the most progressive, eclectic festivals happening anywhere.
Johnson’s top eight shows of the week — most of them heavy as fuck — including what could very well be the best metal show of the year.
Record launches, DJ nights, a music-scene roundtable, reliable punk rock and 21st century Brooklyn legends in Montreal this week.
There are so many heavy shows happening this week, even in the lead-up to POP Montreal.
Cool local bands are launching records, ’90s rock legends are coming to town, the best living soul singer plays Mile End & more.
* Fantasia Festival trailers at SAT
* A new comedy weekly at Burritoville
* Slight, Big Brave and Harsh Reality at Casa
* The Double at Cinéma du Parc
* DJ Auntie Flo at Datcha
* Experimental short films at Suoni per il Popolo
* Doody & Kami play the FrancoFolies festival
* Low play Suoni with Big Brave
* There’s Something Funny Going On at Blue Dog
* No Service Mondays at NDQ
Shows and parties to get you through the weekend as the lovers out there stay home and watch House of fucking Cards on Netflix.