Following up an Album of the Year Grammy-winning project is no easy task.
* The Minimalists at Paragraphe Books
* Cinema Politica at Encuentro
* Où sont les femmes? at la Porte Rouge
* For the Record: Tarantino in Concert at Place des Arts
* Beck also plays Place des Arts with Ghost of a Sabre Tooth Tiger
Messed up new videos by Die Antwoord, M.I.A. & Mac DeMarco, a fashion film collab between Bat for Lashes singer Natasha Khan & Beck & more.
Big names of the local scene play the album that Beck released as sheet music. Watch it here.
Wildly popular as a solo instrument since Haydn and cohorts wrote upright bass concertos in the 1700s, the bull fiddle is a most versatile axe. Extended techniques such as percussive tapping and bowing near the bridge can emit everything from canyon-deep echoes to rainbows of shifting harmonics. This enabled modern composers such as Scelsi to write solo works based on a single pitch that rely on the range of sounds a bass can produce to sustain interest.