Johnson’s festival picks plus the the rest of the best gigs this week.
* Wine and spirits tasting at Arsenal
* Beaver Sheppard art expo at Galérie Gamma
* Yoko Ono vernissage at Fondation Phi
* Mutable Instruments clinic at Moog
* Some Become Hollow Tubes at Bar le Ritz
* Saxsyndrum at Balattou
Weezer, the Pixies and more ’90s heroes are playing shows PLUS more great gigs to come.
* Beaver Sheppard at Vices & Versa
* Ruichi Sakamoto: Coda at Cinéma moderne
* House of Work at École Privée
* Lofthanza at Salon Daomé
* Dance or GTFO at Datcha
We checked out Marina Corsillo and Beaver Sheppard’s new snack/grocery shop by Jean-Talon Market.
There’s a big festival going on out of town, and plenty on tap in the city.
The Montreal duo on how afterhours crowds, jam magic and label skepticism inspired their new LP, Cell Phone 1.
* The Colour of Desire erotic art exhibit
* Le Cinéclub screens David Lynch’s Wild at Heart
* Passovah Valentine’s Day mega-show at Bar le Ritz PDB
* Arbutus Records Valentine’s evening party
* How to Be Good at Love comedy show at ComedyWorks
* Belgo Building vernissages
* HushLamb music showcase at Goethe Institut
* Bud Rice single launch at Turbo Haus
* The Sadies play Bar le Ritz PDB
* Beaver Sheppard launches Jon Shape at the Emerald Bar
* LGBT club night POMPe 5th anniversary bash at Felix
* Very cool Pre-Xmas Pop-up
* Never Apart screens They Came From Venus
* The Illuminations Project book launch at Drawn & Quarterly
* Dumpling Disco rave party at Jiu Xiang Yuan
* Andy Picarro at ComedyWorks
* UN, Johnny Ripper and Radiant Baby play the Plant
* Vince Staples afterparty at le Belmont