Montreal may be in the midst of cabin-fever season but here are some reasons to get out.
* Jenny Lewis with la Force
* FriDAY Of The DEaD
* World of The Cure Halloween Dance Party
PLUS punk legends play a classic album and more doom, synth, experimental and even Americana gigs than you can handle.
PLUS titans of minimal synth, devastating heaviosity and one of Johnson’s all-time favourite bands.
PLUS all the great gigs happening in town this week.
* Phi Centre VR exhibit
* Richard Reed Parry at Die Pod Die
* Montreal Black Film Festival
* RBMA: Mind Bath, Shay Lia and friends play Le Balcon
* Kopfkino screens A League of Their Own at Bar le Ritz
* Palindrome pop-up at Bar Le Ritz
* Montreal Film Society screens Bergman’s Wild Strawberries
* Aqua and Prozzäk play MTelus
* Paul de Jong and Jennifer Cavanaugh play Sala Rosa
* MC5’s Wayne Kramer at Théâtre Corona
* Steve Earle and the Dukes at MTelus
* Idles and Bambara at Théâtre Fairmount
* SALES and Blue J at Bar Le Ritz
* Live music and DJs, sculpture, artisan market and food at Le bruit des arbres festival
* Food, drink, fashion and traditional music at the Ukrainian Festival
* Confabulation begins with “Awakenings” at the Phi Centre
* Let’s Eat Grandma with Boniface and Odette Hartman at Bar le Ritz
* Tour de Manège DJ collective at Maison 2109
* Homegrown.Union afterhours event with anabasine, Daura and others
* Drake and Migos at the Bell Centre
* Monolord and Death Wheelers at la Vitrola
* Peaches Lepage drag cabaret at Bar le Ritz
+ more music, film, art, theatre and comedy events.