Snoop Dogg Neva Left the music industry.
Our chief photographer picks and chats about her favourite photos of the year, from music festivals to Habs fandom to Trudeaumania.
* Calgary Stampede breakfast, country music & sketch comedy at Théâtre Sainte Catherine
* Oh Hi collective presents a bunch of cool bands at Marché des Possibles
* Mundial Montreal kicks off the Weekends du Monde feat. Kid Koala, Valérie Daure, Poirier Sound System
* BadBadNotGood & Ghostface Killah + Music Is My Sanctuary afterparty at the Jazz Fest
* 24 Hours of Vinyl continues
* 8 fancy brunch options c/o Montréal en Lumière
* See Elephant Song starring Bruce Greenwood & Xavier Dolan
* Go see We Are Not Alone at the Segal Centre
* Toronto hip hop trio Badbadnotgood headline the first show at Théâtre Fairmount
Our review of M fest’s local hip hop showcase, feat. the Posterz, Dead Obies, Loud Lary Ajust, Tommy Kruise and token Toronto act BadBadNotGood.
This week’s top rap shows and DJ parties from the big venues to the lofts, film fest freebies to improv collectives.
“I can smell the coochie sweat from up on stage. That’s right, I said that.” Read all about Maxwell’s Place des Arts set, PLUS more Jazz Fest highlights (and some disappointments).
See Aretha Franklin, St. Vincent, Maxwell, the Stephen Barry Band, the Posterz, Deltron 3030 & many more, shot by Cindy Lopez.
Toronto’s BadBadNotGood is a jazz trio for hip hop fans, and vice versa.
We’ve told you where to find the jazz, now here’s what’s good in pop, rock, electronic & hip hop at the 35th edition of FIJM.