We caught up with Montreal artist/designer Rad Hourani to speak about his Neutrality exhibition at Arsenal.
A media art histories conference, neon lights, haute couture, cultural identities, skateboard art and lots more.
* Rad Hourani vernissage
* Take Back the Night March/The F Word zine launch
* The Cinemania festival begins
* Life Lessons live talk show at the Wiggle Room
* Technical Kidman record launch
* Andy Milne plays Resonance
* Real Music party c/o Thomas Von Party & Beaver at Datcha
* Multimedia dance performances at Arsenal
* Dance party with the Musikiosk at the Plateau’s Parc du Portugal
* Sophie Trudeau & Michaela Grill and Elizabeth Anka Vajagic & Steve Bates play Casa del Popolo
* Cinéma Urbain and Cinema Politica screen protest documentary Everyday Rebellion
* Résonance Café’s monthly poetry night
* Fundamentals DJ night at Salon Daomé
Robotically animated pelts, nearly edible consumer goods, trippy illustrated guitars and more in the arts scene this week
This week in art sees a tribute to Nadia Myre, the annual YES Arts Conference and Art Expo, more Art Matters shows, an artistic brunch, artworks for Radical Queer Semaine and a discussion on Inuit art from Nunavik.
* Islands of Decolonial Love author Leanne Simpson speaks at Concordia
* Vernissage for David Spriggs’ PRISM at Arsenal
* Corporate satirists Desearch Repartment speak at Articule
* Ghost Pine zine launch at Cagibi
* Ohara, Child Actor and Dirty Organs play Casa del Popolo
Montreal arts highlights, including vernissages and talks about surveillance, kitsch and FOMO, plus full-on gallery and museum listings.
What’s in store for this year’s edition of Montreal Fashion Week: art exhibits, haute runway shows and champers and shopping galore at Fashion’s Night Out. Today through Sunday, Sept. 8 marks the 23rd edition of Montreal Fashion Week. Most of the festival’s programming takes place at Arsenal, a former Old Port shipyard repurposed as an impressive new gallery and exhibition space.