Take advantage of the warmer weather by going to see some art at some of the vernissages and special events happening today and through the weekend.
It’s a busy week in the Montreal arts scene as galleries across town continue to roll out their winter programming.
* Malika Tirolien album launch at Cabaret du Lion d’Or
* The Congress starring Robin Wright (on the big screen)
* Les Cousins collective vernissage at Arprim
* #streetartderue launch party at Casa del Popolo
* Mike de Masi Quartet at Résonance
While most of the galleries were closed over the summer, the drought has officially ended with a deluge of new shows, gallery openings and vernissages this week. Here are a few you should know about.
* Read the Rant Line™!
* Lunch Beat with Hissy Fit
* OldWIG party boutique begins
* Leslie Mutchler’s TRENDFactory
* Miranda Campbell’s Out of the Basement launch
* Double vernissage at Centre Clark
* DJs Shaydakiss and Saladin at En Cachette
Every year, there’s so much happening during Nuit Blanche that it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Here’s your guide to avoiding lineups and making the most out of what’s on offer.
Artist and commercial animator Philippe Blanchard combines his two practices to create “expanded animation.” The result? New Troglodytes, a trippy installation that brings back the mystery and magic of cartoons.
What’s up this week in art: new exhibits, book and magazine launches, tons of arts and crafts for sale.
* Dark Horses pop-up shop
* Books and drills
* Esmerine at the MAC
* More metal and crust-punk
* Paul Cargnello in the Deeg
* Designer Drugs and Beat Market at SAT
Dominique Pétrin is trying to completely overwhelm you. Her art projects grow increasingly immersive and ambitious as she takes her bright, poppy tropical aesthetic and serialized motifs to ever-grander scales. The artist is currently at work on a mega-installation, Palazzo II, an installation project supported by Dare Dare and the Quartier de Spectacles as […]