* Caribou mag launch
* Known Unknowns at Drawn and Quarterly
* OUFF at La Chapelle
* Spencer Reid comedy at Blue Dog
* Squirrel Flower at la Sotterenea
* Caribou mag launch
* Visitations begins at FOFA Gallery
* Film Noir au Canal screens Le Samourai
* ’80s nite at Maison Sociale and Bar le Ritz PDB’s Movie Mondays
* Dave Chappelle, Wyatt Cenac and Dépflies at Just for Laughs
* Festival Haïti en Folie begins with a free show by Wyclef Jean
* Lynne Hanson plays Chick Pickin’ Mondays at Grumpy’s
* Vinyl sale c/o DJs Tiga & Von Party at Datcha
* Cinéclub: The Film Society presents a classic horror double header
* Maïs welcomes chef John Winter Russell
* Michael V. Smith launches a memoir, My Body Is Yours
* Danny and the Deep Blue Sea at Mainline Theatre
* Cineplex Digital Film Festival
* BBAM! Gallery screens a British Invasion double bill
* Studio 303 presents Cabaret Tollé at la Sala Rossa
* #Nightowl music & art party
* Durag Disco with the 4 horsemen of funk
Poetry, puppetry, dance, theatre and cabaret come together at Phenomena festival, which offers a week’s worth of bizarre and compelling interdisciplinary performances steeped in Dada and surrealism to get you in the mood for Halloween.
Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Montreal’s art scene this week, including highlights of Elektra fest, a major painting exhibit at Galerie de l’UQAM, two street art-related vernissages and a star-studded benefit auction at ARTSIDA.
Alexis O’Hara’s installation lets audiences take centre stage by making lots of noise in an immersive sonic space.
Your weekly round-up of art happenings around the city, including participatory art, old-timey beer ads and an urban walkabout.
Usually I count down the days until the annual Heavy MTL festival, which gets underway early Saturday and ends late on Sunday. Having seen some incredible sets there by Voivod, Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Motörhead, High on Fire, Slayer and more, I’m truly thankful for the organizers who plant this annual two-day event in my backyard. […]