We spoke to the festival’s director about the 60+ troupes en route to Montreal for the annual celebration of the sketch.
* Happy hour skating in the Old Port
* Centaur Theatre’s Wildside Festival begins
* The Roast of Tranna Wintour at the Wiggle Room
* Dépflies live at Théâtre Sainte Catherine
* Blatant Localism Montreal band showcase at Turbo Haus
* Overdose 2.0 at Play nightclub
* Rad Hourani vernissage
* Take Back the Night March/The F Word zine launch
* The Cinemania festival begins
* Life Lessons live talk show at the Wiggle Room
* Technical Kidman record launch
* Andy Milne plays Resonance
* Real Music party c/o Thomas Von Party & Beaver at Datcha
* Solids Euro tour farewell party at Atomic Café
* Montreal designers in the spotlight at Festival Mode & Design
* Bilingual comedy A Fat Man Dancing begins at Théâtre Sainte Catherine
* Catch some synth waves at Bar Kabinet’s Golden Dreams
* Art Not Love Records bands play Cagibi
* Calgary Stampede breakfast, country music & sketch comedy at Théâtre Sainte Catherine
* Oh Hi collective presents a bunch of cool bands at Marché des Possibles
* Mundial Montreal kicks off the Weekends du Monde feat. Kid Koala, Valérie Daure, Poirier Sound System
* BadBadNotGood & Ghostface Killah + Music Is My Sanctuary afterparty at the Jazz Fest
AND a TV pilot. We spoke to the teams behind Dope Ass World and Dépflies, vying for the CBC’s ComedyCoup competition win.
Festival director Alain Mercieca tells us all about the ninth annual festival of sketch comedy.
Two new plays take the city’s stages: DéPFLIES‘s latest installment hits Théâtre Ste-Catherine, and Talisman Theatre reads Billy (The Days of Howling).
* Well and Truly Over group exhibition
* Blackfish at the PHI Centre
* The Ladies & Gentlemen Comedy Show
* Grails at Il Motore
Clive Barker’s The History of the Devil takes the stage at Fantasia, Raise the Stakes theatre explores Lunduntown and Montreal Improv Theatre celebrates its Impro-Niversary.