We spoke to Mélanie Demers about letting other choreographers remix her work in Danse Mutante.
* Make Smthng Week
* Vinyl sale at Agora de la Danse
* CKUT holiday party
* Actress at Newspeak
* Scattered Clouds at Casa
From Bach and breakdance to contortion and deconstructed steps, this is the dance that’s looking awesome for autumn.
* Youth Well Wasted closes at BBAM! Gallery
* Art three-way at Parisian Laundry
* Gerald Fox master class at FIFA
* Wen Wei Wang’s Seventh Sense
* Mélanie Demers’s Goodbye
* Boombox duo Javelin at Il Motore
What’s happening this week in the dance, including dance-related FIFA screenings, the double header of Danz and Toot and Isabelle Van Grimde’s Les Gestes.
New shows by Frédérick Gravel and Anne Plamondon’s RUBBERBANDance Group, a tango night at The Rialto and one-night only show by kathak and Bharatanatyam dancer Aakash Odedra.
Cas Public’s new piece Duels pits dancers against one another in new choreography by Hélène Blackburn and Pierre Lecours.