Fans at Comiccon. Photo by Susan Moss (full gallery below).
Montreal’s official geekend (ugh!) came to a close last night, and while attendees delighted the eyes with their creative costumes — from the sweetest lil’ baby Yoda to a gender-bending Clockwork Orange gang — we kept our ears peeled, too. Here are the choicest quotes from the cavalcade of characters.
• Take my picture with Vader! I know he’s a fake Vader, but other people won’t know that.
• There’s really nothing here that you can’t get at Canadian Tire.
(Doctor Who, in reference to his elaborate Dalek)
• – Shouldn’t that be Le Batman?
-Don’t you follow politics?
-Yes. And it should be Homme Chauve-Souris.
• It’s official. Bane is the new Joker.
• A Batmobile photo! Everyone’s gotta do it once. That’s the beast.
(Two young men holding Chucky and Bride of Chucky dolls)
• Is that Sub-Zero in the Mystery Machine?
• Omigod, I had this!
(Multiple men at multiple stands of comic books)
• I just totally busted a Klingon picking his nose.
• -Have you noticed that like all the celebrities signing stuff are dudes?
-I don’t know. What about those Hype energy drink models?
• Even the hand dryers are from the future.
(Two older ladies in the women’s washroom, marveling at the high-speed hand dryer.)
• Oh crap, it’s Pyramid Head!
• Mackenzie! Quentin! Don’t touch! Don’t touch it! Don’t touch! Don’t touch! You’d better not touch it! Don’t touch!
(Wonder Woman in the Mega Blocks play centre)
• What the hell is a Sch… a Strum… Well anyway, they’re Smurfs.
(Guy checking out t-shirts for Les Schtroumpfs)
• I saw you flirting with that Borg! Don’t deny it.
(Woman yelling on the phone)
• Spock just asked me for directions. ■